This book tells the story of the Christian family, who were the owners of the Milntown estate from c1511 to 1886, and also the family of Sir Clive Edwards, second baronet, who bought it in 1963. On his death in 1999 he bequeathed Milntown to the
people of the Island, who are now able to enjoy the house, its gardens, a collection of veteran cars and motorcycles, a restaurant, and 'ghost tours'.
In 2017 a second and revised edition was published to take account of the recent discovery that the original Milntown was demolished c1750 and replaced with a new house on a site nearby, which lies at the core of the present house. Copies are on sale only at Milntown.